baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Yes y'all I'm back!

So I have survived my vacation and am now home with the kids! We all had an awesome time and we were very busy from the time we first arrived to the time we left! Lots of stuff to do and not enough time to do it! On the plane ride down Zachary did absolutely awesome for me, I was pleasently suprised! I woke him up at 4 in the morning and he stayed awake until our flight took off at 615 in the morning. The plane was extremely small only four seats wide so I was somewhat nervous as to how he'd do just sitting there in a cramped airplane but he fell asleep as soon as the plane started moving and stayed asleep until 10 minutes before we landed. Connor and my parents arrived to my grandma's house a few hours after I got there and my mom said that Connor had some somewhat okay on his long car ride. The first day they drove 12 hrs and that was a long time for him to be in the car so the last few hours in the car he was whining a lot! My mom said that when they left their house at 2 in the morning Connor was wide awake and being a chatty Kathy until she got extremely annoyed and he finally fell asleep after repeated attempts to make him go to sleep! She also said that they weren't even to Lapine yet and Connor was already asking "are we there yet?" Makes me laugh to think about it but I realize that it probably got really old really quick for my parents! 20 minutes into a 16 hr drive and he's already asking if we're there yet!! We had two great bbq's that first weekend and spent lots of time with lots of family! We went to Tijuania, Mexico on Tuesday where we got lots of cheap cigarettes, alcohol, and sunglasses! And only the sunglasses were for me! Up here in Oregon the alcohol and cigarettes are a lot more because of the taxes we pay for it so my parents like to get as much as they can while it's cheap! And the cigarettes are only 20 bucks a carton! So we had to get some for Asa and my brother! I was on a mission while we were there to find some fake Oakley's and I had to argue a price with quite a few different stores before I finally got 4 for 20 bucks! These foakley's as I like to call them last for years so I was glad that now we have some extra sunglasses and they didn't cost too much at all! After Tijuana we drove into San Diego had dinner at Red Lobster and spent the night there. In the morning we took off for Sea World and I got fried to a crisp there! I was so worried about getting sunscreen on the boys that I forgot about myself! The kids each had fun there seeing all the cool animals but by the afternoon we were all ready to go home! On Thursday we decided to go to dinner at Chuck E Cheese's and that was a lot of fun!! We had so many tokens that we had to play through but both the kids seemed to enjoy themselves! Then on Friday I took off for him and we arrived at LAX at 6 in the morning and my flight didn't leave till 9 in the morning so that's when things got a little stressful for me! I had my parents with me till about 745 so I was extremely thankful that they were helping me out with the kids. Zachary was having a rough day that day and I think it's because he's cutting another molar in so he was in pain. My parents tried to get a pass to go through the gates with me but they told them no so I was nervous to walk through those gates by myself and know that as of that moment it was all up to me. I tried to hold back the tears as best as I could. The waiting for our plane wasn't too bad because I barricaded a corner for them with my bags and the stroller so they weren't able to roam around. As soon as we boarded the plane Zachary fell asleep and I thought we were home free but little did I know! After about 30 minutes of peacefullness on the plane Connor decided he needed to go to the bathroom but we there was a line so we had to wait in our chair until the line was done so in that waiting he was getting anxious and was getting on my nerves real quick so in my midst of trying to keep him occupied Zachary woke up and was awake for the last hour and a half of our flight. He was not a happy camper with sitting in a cramped airplane with nothing to do. Skittles would not soothe him, Yogo's would not work, toys, cup, nothing. So needless to say by the time my flight landed I was emotinally drained and walked into the airport crying and had no specific reason as to why I was crying other than just being a whole mix of emotions from everything! So with all that being said I am glad to be back home and don't plan on doing that again by myself for a long long time! So my next vacation down there Asa will definanlty have to go with me!

3 comments:

Shasta's Stuff said...

I can't believe what you told me about that lady at the airport who wouldn't give you the pass! Sounds like you were busy the whole time but it does sound like fun. More power to you, a week in Michigan, doing NOTHING with Dakota and I was drained! :-)

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

What a trip!!! Glad you were able to get away for a bit and have some adventures. Welcome home (to yor home that is)!

Anonymous said...

I love the pic. It looks like the boys had a lot of fun and you got a lot of Sun! love ya