baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 17, 2006

Busy Busy

Today was a busy day for me which was good because honestly with everyone home all the time besides when I work is sometimes more than all of us can take! There is no new update on the job situation but I appreciate all of your suggestions that I've received so far and hopefully soon I'll have some good news on that aspect. Any and all prayers would be much appreciated! But on to my day, my mom is a lucky lady and through my dads insurance she is able to get a massage every week that is covered and she has to pay a small co pay. So she has become really good friends with her massage lady and the lady actually teaches massage therapy at the college so the massage lady says they need pregnant women who are willing to come in and let students pratice how to give a massage to a pregnant lady. My mom volunteered me (much to my delight) and I went in today to get my free pregnancy massage! It was very relaxing and I am more than willing to do it again! It's about the only time I've been able to have some "me" time in a really long time! And then to add to my delight after the massage I went and had lunch with my best friend. It was nice to be able to go out to lunch with her without my kids in tow. We actually had more of a chance to just talk. While I love spending time with the kids it's nice to just be for a few hours and to not always having to focus my attention on them. After lunch it was time to go pick Connor up and take him to busy buddies. Once he got dropped off I decided to go to the library and look for a baby name book since I'm at a loss and I found 3 books so I will now be sorting through them and hopefully coming up with something soon. I have one name in paticular that I like but I am still trying to convince Asa of that name so if I don't see any new names in these books I will have to start bugging Asa more about this name until he hopefully cracks! With my library books in hand I head home to load up Asa and Zachary and we are then off to the doctors office. While waiting for our appt Zachary was cracking us up because he didn't want to play with any of the waiting room toys, he figured out that if you push the button on the water fountain that water comes out! This kid thought that it was the coolest thing ever and couldn't stop laughing! It was cute :-) Once we got in to see the doctor is was quick, quick, quick. I'm about the most boring pregnant women ever because I never have any questions so all he has to do is check the heartbeat (which was healthy and strong!) and then I'm on my way. I'm happy to report that while I gained a pound this last month I am still one pound below when I first got pregnant! So that's about it for my day today and hope you all have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

I am so glad that you got some "me" time with a great massage and lunch with a friend. What a great day! You deserve it.

Life Is Good said...

I feel for ya. On the days that the hubby does not work and I do he absolutely drives me nuts. It screws up my schedule! I can't imagine him here everyday that is for sure.
Hope things are back to normal for you soon.
Cool on the massage thing.