baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Me, me, me


It is very rare for me to post pictures of just myself but today my friends is a special day. I am a daily step on the scale kind of person and today when I stepped on the scale to weigh myself I have officially lost 50 and a half pounds in the last 15 months! I am so incredibly happy with myself that I can accomplish weight loss and do it in the same year as having a baby. My self esteem has improved in leaps and bounds which for me is a good thing. A little insight on me is that I have never in my life felt completely confident in myself. For many years in my childhood a person wrecked my self esteem. I got told on a daily basis that I was fat, I was ugly, I was worthless. I felt like such a bad person and that I didn't deserve happiness. I kept it all inside and took the pain out on myself. I did things that to this day I still have the urge to do when things get stressful. So after Connor was born I basically just let my body go. I kinda just assumed the weight would come off and when it didn't I just again assumed that this was the way it had to be. Exercise had never been a word in my vocabulary in those years. Then I got pregnant with Zachary and the weight gain continued. I felt gigantic and so not happy with my body but I didn't know what to do to change it. When Zachary was about 6 months old I got a coupon for a free one week trial to my parent's gym so I figured I'd try it out and so I went. 5 of my 7 day trial I was there and I was a little shocked that after each workout I was feeling a little bit better about myself and was starting to have a clearer image of what I wanted to accomplish within myself. Once my one week trial was over I took another break from exercising but I found out about a job opening at our local pool/fitness center. I got the job and the second day on the job I was in the fitness center working out. I have to say it was incredibly embarrasing at first. Here I am well over 200 pounds busting my a** on the treadmill. After a few weeks of just walking on the treadmill I mustered up the courage (cuz no one else was in the room at the time!) to actually try running on the treadmill. And once I took up the running that is when I really started to see the weight come off. I lost 25 pounds in a matter of two months but then the unexpected pregnancy came into the picture. Since I was so focused on weight loss and seeing other moms who were pregnant and exercising I made a goal within myself to continue to exercise. I exercised until I was 7 months pregnant and then I got lazy and did nothing at all the last trimester. I was anxious for her to be born so I could go back full force into working out and when she was 3 weeks old I made myself find the time to go in and exercise. I'm very happy that I can motivate myself and that I am realizing that I am worth it as a person and that I do have something to offer this world. So with my weight loss goal closer than ever I'm very happy with my body and what it can accomplish, so yay to me!! :-)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Christy said...

I have to say, you look awesome now. I can't believe how much weight you have lost, and how it dramatically affected your face. Don't get me wrong, you were always pretty, but your current pictures are beautiful.

I am very proud of you. I might be emailing you for some inspiration. I have such a hard time getting motivated.

Great job Amber!

Pixie said...

Congratulations! That's really awesome!!

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

That is so encouraging and something to be proud of. You are beautiful and wonderful and will inspire many people in your life just by being who you are.

Life Is Good said...

yes definately!

YAY! To You!

Sabrina said...

Good for you! That's awesome!

Anonymous said...

good job amber. did u get your hair done? if u did it looks good. see ya soon. becky

Anonymous said...

Amber, I am so proud of you and I can't imagine who said those terrible things to you! I do know when you feel good about yourself you will be much happier and you have so much to be happy about.

Howard said you look like a teenager!

Love - Nana

The Writer said...

I think it's awesome that you are losing the weight but more awesome is the increase in your confidence. I hope you know, however that the things you should feel confident in have nothing to do with your outsides and everything to do with what is inside you. I also hope that you continue towards your goal and that you are happy with the results. That "public service message" said, you look damn good girl!! I'm feeling the envy since I look like I swallowed a bag of oranges!!

Antropóloga said...

Congratulations. You look great.

Those early childhood comments can really eff you up!

Megan said...

Hey hot chicky!
Way to make those goals become a reality!