baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 25, 2007

There is a Reason


See there is a reason why I haven't posted in awhile. If you just so happen to notice there is a fourth little child in that picture above and adding one more four year old to my day this whole week has been busy! I had been watching my friends daughter this week and it has been an interesting week to say the least. But now the week is over today she is with her grandma, Connor is at school, and Zachary and Taylor are sleeping so I finally get a chance to sit down and write. But to be completely honest that isn't the only reason I haven't sat down and blogged, the other reason is that I am just feeling completely overwhelmed and exhausted right now. We are expierencing financial difficulties, marriage difficulties, work difficulties, you name we've probably got a problem and when I am facing all these difficuties together I'm just flat exhausted. But hopefully with time things will start to look on the bright side. I do have some good news though in my absence from my blog lookey what we did...

It has been and continues to be a struggle but we transitioned Zachary into the bunk bed and out of his crib! He fights us on it every night and it usually takes him an hour or more to fall asleep because of his new found freedom once he is asleep he is sleeping all through the night. The only down side is now he is up earlier than usual but hopefully as he gets more comfortable in his new bed that will change. Now the next step is potty training and he is soo not interested in it at all. We talk about it all the time but he shows zero interest in the potty. Even chocolates and lollipops won't intice him to pee in the potty :-( I'm getting really tired of changing two kids diapers day in and day out so I'll keep trying and see if he'll do it.

7 comments:

Pixie said...

Well, it's very nice to see you back on the blog! I'm sure you're exhausted and overwhelmed...I'm just now understanding a little of that myself. And don't worry, you're not the only one struggling with these problems right now. I'm about ready to start a little group about these things! LOL Don't worry, it'll work out, I have faith...And you're in our prayers every night! I'm here if you ever need to talk or anything.

Ashley said...

I miss you when you dont blog........glad to see you back! Gosh you sound busy. Your head must be swimming. Yay for Zachary in the big boy bed. Bunk beds are sure cool.

Christy said...

I was getting kind of worried about you. If I had your email address, I would have totally been bugging you about your absence.

You certainly have a lot on your plate right now. I hope things improve quickly.

How old is Zachary? My husband wants to move Porgie to a big bed when the new baby arrives. I think she will be way too young - only 18 months.

Good luck with the potty training!

Anonymous said...

Sorry things are not going so well. Hopefully things will turn around soon. I am happy to hear that you got Zachary in his big bed. I hope to talk to you soon. Take care.

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

Congrats that he's in the bunk bed! That's great. I hope and pray that these trials only make you stronger as a couple. I prayed for you guys last night as I was falling asleep. Know that you are loved and know that people are here for you.

Life Is Good said...

Glad that the bunk bed thing is working out well. I betcha in the next few weeks he gets comfy and starts sleeping longer! He is still a little young to be interested in potty training but hey if you can put in the work you may just get him trained early! WOO HOO for potty training!

Megan said...

Hey Amber,
totally understanding those feelings of exhaustion! It's hard when you don't have enough energy because small problems escalate and lead to new ones.
Hang in there!
M