baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 11, 2006

So wow, I never expierenced this with Connor!

As most of you know Zach has just taken off in his walking, all over the place all the time! And while I love seeing him walk cuz he looks so cute this week has a been a week full of bumps and bruises for him with the worst happening today that almost made me call 911 but more on that later! When Connor was at this age the only big "accident" he had was when I was playing with him in the kitchen and he had overalls on and I accidently dropped him while I was sitting down and he got this gigantic goose egg on his head, oops! Never have I felt worse :-( but other than that incident he stayed relatively out of harms way from what I can remember. But with Zachary he is constantly losing his balance and falling on his head and he gots scores of bruises all over! Earlier this week he got upset at Connor and was crying so I went to pick him up and I was sitting in the chair well he did not want to be sitting with me at all so as I was holding him he decided to try and squirm out of my hands and in doing so face planted into the chair. He got a gash on his eyelid and it immediately turned into a bruise. He of course was fine after a little more crying but it upset me none the less. So then on to today right before we were leaving for my aunt and uncles house for dinner. He's been really good about when he walks out of the door when he sees the steps he sits on his butt and crawls down but not today. Today he decided to just bypass the steps and do a face plant right into the cement walkway. Asa was out there with him and picked him up right away and Zach was so upset that he couldn't breathe. He was trying to cry but it wasn't coming out. So I went around Asa's back so I was facing Zach and at that moment he got one breath of air and then his eyes rolled into the back of his head. I then freaked out cuz that was by far the scariest thing I've seen in awhile and we rushed him inside and I grabbed the phone and was just about to dial it when Asa said he was breathing again and was starting to really start crying. He kept crying for awhile but I then picked him up and he started to calm down and wanted to go back outside. So we walked outside and he wanted down so I put him in the grass and off he went! He was walking all over throwing dirt doing the normal things he always does just with another bruise on his head now! To see your child in that light was something I hope I never see again cuz it scared the shit out of me but I'm extremely thankful that nothing major happened. But man as I said before Connor never did any of this so Zachary is definantly keeping me on my toes all the time!

1 comment:

Pixie said...

Wow, yeah, that would have scared me to death! The whole eyeballs rolling back thing doesn't sound too good. I think I would have gotten him checked out for that. It's never easy to see them fall down or get hurt, even if it's just a little booboo. Hope he's doing better.