baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Baby Showers!


Yay for new clothes!! Had my baby shower this weekend and I got a ton of clothes for Taylor. I even got a dresser so now I have somewhere to put all her clothes! It all started Friday evening when I went to work. I had the kids with me and Asa was going to come when he got off of work. While I was waiting for the child care to open one of my good friends who brings her daughters in to child care while she exercises came in with two huge bags full of balloons, cake, fruit, her husband, the kids, everything! Turns out she had planned a suprise baby shower for me at work with all the staff and parents who bring their kids while they work out! Let me tell you I was suprised! Because had I known this was happening I would have made myself appear more decent, I had come to work with no make up on, hair a mess in a ponytail, looking very relaxed. But we had a good time none the less. I got lots of stuff and it was nice of all these women to come just for me. I was so happy that my friend went out of her way to do this for me. It really meant a lot, probably one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me in my life! After that whirlwind of a shower I had to get ready for my regular baby shower the next day. This time I felt more comfortable, got my hair looking decent, put on some make up, nicer clothes! It was a small gathering of women at my best friends house. I think there were 10 of us and 3 kids so very relaxed, which I honestly prefer. I'm a pretty shy person so I don't like a ton of people all focused on me, makes me nervous! We sat around talking with one another, had some good food, opened presents, and we even played a baby game. My best friend got an awesome cake as you can see in the pictures, it's from a place called Westside Bakery and there food is absolutely delicious. I'm not normally a big cake person but this cake tasted excellent! All in all I had a very good weekend and got a ton of stuff ready for Taylor! I even packed part of my hospital bag!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Megan said...

Was this at your house? I love the clothes-line decoration with the onsies! I think I'll do that for my friend's shower!
Glad you had a good time! (and got lots of loot!)

Pixie said...

That's great that you scored some goodies and even got a surprise baby shower, that was really sweet of her to do that for you. That cake was just adorable...I've wanted to try that bakery for a while. Congrats on the new dresser too, poor Seb still doesn't have one of those! Sorry I missed it, looks like you had a great time!

Life Is Good said...

Glad you had such an awesome weekend and got lots of new stuff for Taylor.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good baby shower. So, how has it to get everything in pink? I sure it was great. Hope everything is going well.

Shasta's Stuff said...

Wish I could have been there! :-) I was thinking of you though. And I promise when I can get out of the house I will buy her something. :-) I'm shy too, and don't like all the attention on myself.

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

So So SOOO great that you got two baby showers. You deserve to be blessed and spoiled and to feel so special. I wish I could be there to "shower" you. Any day now, hey??