baby Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pregnancy Talk!

Today was our appt with our doctor! I was very anxious and excited to go. I always get kinda nervous that he might find something wrong with this baby but our baby is excellent. Great little heartbeat on her! You know when I had my first pregnancy I was so nieve about what was actually happening in my body and so with each subsequent pregnancy I find myself getting more and more worried about what could possibly go wrong. Now hopefully soon I can put my fears to rest but I don't know. Like take tonight, my kids and I have all had nasty coughs for about a week now. Today I lost my voice and had this cough which is just lovely when you spend your day talking with little kids! But anyways tonight after dinner, I couldn't stop coughing and finally I was coughing so much that I ended up throwing up, twice, in the bathroom. Not too fun. So then I start worrying about me throwing up and coughing so much and how this is affecting my little girl but from what I've read in my books it's nothing to be worried about unless it's accompied by a fever which it's not. Hopefully after a good nights sleep tonight I'll feel better tomorrow! But on a brighter note when I got weighed at the doctors appt today I had lost 3 pounds!!! So as of right now I am two pounds less than when I had started! Pretty amazing to be losing weight but yet she weighs almost a pound! Hopefully I can continue on this road of exercise and not gain that much weight. I am already anxious to start working out full force and losing more weight. I have pants that I refused to give away from pre kids that I hope to fit into someday! Other than that not much new on the baby front, just getting more and more anxious to meet her. I went to Target yesterday and found her outfit that I will be bringing her home in. Which if anyone doesn't know one of my biggest excitements is finding the perfect outfit to bring my child home in and picking the perfect outfit for my childs baptism! A few friends of mine from work who have girls have already started giving me some of their old clothes, which I love, so I've been anxiously sorting through these clothes picturing what they'll look like on her! I believe I have even found the dress I want her to wear for her baptism and some adorable shoes to go with it, all courtesty of my friends at work!

4 comments:

Shasta's Stuff said...

Wow I hope you feel better! Good news on the weight front! Yay! I can't believe it but at my last appt I gained 8lbs!! How is that? Anyways, have fun shopping. :-)

Katie@The Mommy Miles said...

That's so great! I love hearing about this stuff andjust knowing the day to day. Thanks for the update.

Pixie said...

Hey little mama, hope you get to feeling better. I'm so glad you aready found outfits for her trip home from the hospital and her baptism...that's awesome! I'm still psyched that you're having a little chica this time. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your cough but know you are not alone! I am doing the same thing. I feel fine except for a cough.

I love hearing about how you are doing. I'm like you I can hardly wait to meet my first great-grand-daughter.

Take good care of yourself and the bundle of joy!

Love - Nana